Friday, July 9, 2010

Whole New Life!

By the 12th of June, I came back to Java, actually Ucha and I. But my destination wasn’t the eastern java anymore. We were on board to Jakarta. We were about to register our name in university of Indonesia which is dated June 17th. There were about 4 days of waiting.

I didn’t do much to spend those 4 days. But Ucha’s family did a lot, and luckily I was with them. So I didn’t have to get died of boredom. I was like the black sheep of the family. LOL

That doesn’t matter. We had done so many errands right there, adventurous and luxurious. One experience I could never forget, we went to tanah abang by city bus and it was so cruel and shocking. But tanah abang was a great grocery center. I loved it. I wish I could come back there and buy some goods.

17th June. Ucha and I were preparing to go to Depok. It was so dawn when we were leaving the hotel. Considering all the experiences about registering at UI was the only reason why we departed so early. Some said it would be a very long and tiring day. And they were true about it. At the entrance door, there were hundreds, or maybe thousands people standing in long queue orderly according to each specific faculty. I was standing in the middle of the queue of psychology faculty. But I must have forgotten to tell you, June 17th was the second day of registration, it was the turn for the social faculties. The preceding day was meant for the science faculties.

Not long after that, I came into the hall. It was a big hall. But it was a scary hall I think, the tribune was so steep. Like I was standing in the edge of a cliff, I was so utterly afraid of losing my balance. I am potent enough to have a phobia of height. But apparently not in mall, it was all safety by the fence in every corner. I took a seat and filled all forms in my hands. Soon after that, I came out and again, another queue. It took my time the most, like one to two hours.

Once I got in, everything seemed to be working well, no more long queues, just continuous procedures which didn’t take me to a long sitting and waiting. I measured my yellow jacket and took a picture for my ID card. It looked bad.

And then out the hall again and fled to check my health, whether I am capable to follow all the lectures or not. It was really boring.

It was all done by 3 pm. We were leaving UI, and I decided to separate from ucha’s family. I was going to my sister-in-law’s sister’s house. And so I took all my luggage with me.
The next day, I took a train and moved to Jogja.

0 comments:

Post a Comment